PCRaster 4.2.0 is the currently maintained version.
These are the most important changes:
- Support for Python 3 was added, Python 3.6 is now the default version on Windows
- The multicore module was added to PCRaster Python, providing local and focal operations that can use more than one CPU core
- On Windows, files larger than 2GB can be processed now
For a brief list of the changes check the changes page.
The PCRaster package includes:
- The PCRaster library offering about 250 optimized functions for the construction of spatio-temporal models
pcrastermodule to build environmental models in the Python programming language (Python 2.7, Python 3.6)
- Local and focal operations supporting multicore CPUs
- A Python modelling framework allowing for dynamic modelling, stochastic modelling and data assimilation
- The Aguila program for visualization of uncertain spatio-temporal data
- The PCRaster Modflow extension for groundwater modelling
- The PCRcalc environmental modelling language
- Several programs for data conversion
Download for Windows
PCRaster package for 64-bit: pcraster-4.2.0.zip
Source code package
PCRaster source code package: pcraster-4.2.0.tar.bz2
Building PCRaster on Linux
Information about the PCRaster Python module including the function reference, the spatio-temporal modelling framework, command line applications and and an introduction to PCRaster can be found in our online documentation.
PCRaster is an open-source project, and there are a few options how you can contribute! If you are familiar with coding, help us eliminating known bugs. Whether you are experienced with packaging software for Linux distributions, or you just want to provide fixes to the documentation: we are looking forward to your pull requests on our GitHub page.
Please post questions regarding installation, applications or operations of the PCRaster package on our mailing list.